Inbox - Exciting News !!! MMF and Thingiverse.
Got very unexcited when they started hounding me for funds to keep ads out. Nope! Done! If I'm contributing for free, I'm not so inclined. I totally get that Thingiverse cannot be a loss loser for parent company MyMiniFactory, of which I am an avid user, but I'm not paying Thingiverse to post give away design plans at no return for myself. Goes against my grain. Future laser cut plans might be available at a very modest fees at most a dollar or two, some will remain free.
My account on Thingiverse has been deleted. I can still be found at Wargaming3D until such a time as we see what the new owners do with it... if anything?
Cheers,
DJ
Got very excited this morning when I received and read an email from MyMiniFactory (MMF) stating that they are now the proud stewards (owners) of Thingiverse. I cut my teeth there when I started this journey in 2017. I left later due to perceived changes at Thingiverse by former management. I'm hoping the new crew does right by the community...
I can be found there at the following coordinates:

Comments
Post a Comment